Monday 27 February 2017

Artifacts - January

I am taking part in Seth Apter's collaborative art project for 2017 - Artifacts.

Here is how Seth describes it....
ARTifacts (plural noun): a collaborative project for 2017 documenting adventures in art.
I would love to have you join me if this sounds like a project that intrigues you. This would be a no rules collaboration. Just find or make some sort of artist book, planner, scrapbook, 3-ring-binder, folder, or other container to document your creative experiences, whether they be in art, craft, or anything else. Then get to documenting in any way to style that works for you.

Here a couple of links to Seth's posts if you missed them.

So just stopping by to share some of my pages with you. My local friends have been encouraging me to scrapbook for a while but I can't engage with it! So this is my attempt at a sort of scrapbooking...

My first double page spread summed up the start of January for me - chaos - a major clear up of the craft room needed and achieved - order restored.... I tried to reflect this is my geometric pages!
 I decided it would be a good personal record to do a craft month summary... nothing arty about these pages - just a personal account of the months activities / highlights...
Now I confess I have done nothing for February yet - eeeeek! Must crack on... a highlight might just be my selfie with Seth at the NEC. A little cringy I know... sorry!
Nikki
xxx

7 comments:

  1. Waue Love - great layers and texture awsome ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting pages with great designs and style.

    Lovely photograph as well

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a great way with Seth's stuff ! Fantastic !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, I don't think the photo looks cringy at all, you both look so happy! Your layouts are brilliant way to showcase messy vs orderly Nikki! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT to see you at Stitches. But I disagree -- I think here is definitely something arty about those pages :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous pages - and there's no question about the artiness of the pages, both the fabulous dimensional geometry and your photographic record of the month. Great selfie too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see you with Seth, Nikki. Fab pages x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki