Thursday 3 September 2015

5,4,3,2,1 - Shine!

Welcome to my second design for our Numbers themed challenge at Country View Crafts challenges. 
I love this technique, using embossing powder to protect some of the surface. You can see how I used this on another tag and some more detailed photos - here.

I began my tag with random inking in various colours and once dry I added versamark through the rays stencil and embossed with clear powder. I covered the whole tag in black soot ink and then wiped it away from the embossed areas.


I cut my tattered floral flowers from grungepaper with card stuck to it. I like this combination as it is sturdy but flexible! I dabbed some gesso on to create some texture and once dry dabbed various paints on too until I was happy.
My numbers were pre cut grungeboard numbers which I painted with the same colours.

A few close ups...



Thanks for visiting today.
Nikki xxx

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag!!! I like the shiny rays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful use of the colours and great textures as well.

    Beautiful tag

    Lovce Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. An awesome tag Nikki, great texture and additions.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those rays are really stunning - I just love the colours you used for the tag. Great weathered finish on the numbers too.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS! I love the colors the texture and what a wonderful design! This has got to be one of my favorites of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Nikki , love the clear embossing through the stencil, great technique! Love the wonderful texture on your flowers, thanks for sharing! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, Nikki! Love this tag!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag! Nikki Love the technique - really is so effective . love the water droplet effect on the flower too x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki